- 1 How are Bali blinds measured?
- 2 How do you measure for Bali faux wood blinds?
- 3 Are Bali blinds good?
- 4 What are standard size blinds?
- 5 Is it better to mount blinds inside or outside?
- 6 How do you cut the width of a blind?
- 7 How do you measure for faux wood blinds?
- 8 How deep does a window need to be for inside mount blinds?
- 9 How do you measure for inside mount blinds?
- 10 Can you mount blinds on trim?
- 11 Should blinds rest on window sill?
How are Bali blinds measured?
- Measure each window individually, as size variances are common.
- Record width first, then height (also referred to as length) to the nearest 1/8″.
- Measure width from left to right, height from top to bottom, using a steel tape measure. Do not use a cloth measuring tape.
How do you measure for Bali faux wood blinds?
Measure Width: Measure the inside width of window casing in three places. Record narrowest measurement. Measure Height: Measure the inside height from the top of window casing to top of sill in three places. Record longest measurement.
Are Bali blinds good?
Great shades for the price. They have a very clean look with no hanging cords and I was able to mount 3 of them side by side with almost no gap in between. You can not see though them for privacy but they still let light though during the day. Great shades for the price.
What are standard size blinds?
Standard sized blinds are anywhere from 24 x 72 – 72 x 72 off the shelf at your local hardware stores.
Is it better to mount blinds inside or outside?
If you’re installing blackout window treatments to block unwanted light, then you should use outside mount blinds. Mounting blinds outside the window frame will give you more light coverage than blinds that hang from the inside.
How do you cut the width of a blind?
Cutting down the slats
- Align the slats so that they are even.
- Using a clamp or rubber bands, secure the slats together into position.
- Wrap the slats with masking tape to prevent chipping.
- Measure where you want to cut and mark a line with your pencil.
- Lay them on the saw and line up the blade where you need to cut.
How do you measure for faux wood blinds?
How to Measure for Inside Mount Faux Wood Blinds
- Measure the depth of your window frame, from the front of the opening to the glass.
- Measure the width of each window opening.
- Measure the height of your window opening in three places: left, center, and right.
- Order at the exact opening size with no deductions taken.
How deep does a window need to be for inside mount blinds?
3⁄4″ is the minimum depth required for inside mount blinds.
How do you measure for inside mount blinds?
- Measure the width inside the window opening at the top, and round down to the nearest 1/8″ measurement.
- Measure the height inside the window opening from the top of the window opening to the window sill three times.
- Do not take any allowances on the height or width.
Can you mount blinds on trim?
You can mount your blinds to the trim as long as it is flat and meets the minimum requirements for an outside mount. Mounting on the trim of the window is the easiest route because all you need to collect is the size of the trim dimensions.
Should blinds rest on window sill?
In most cases blinds look and work the best when they rest on the window sill. No one is ever going to notice extra 1/2″ of length and this keeps them from blowing in a slight breeze. If you prefer for the blinds not to touch the windowsill, you should deduct 1/4″.