Can you outside Mount cellular shades?
Cellular shades are easy to install for an outside mount. A screwdriver is all that is needed to install your shades, or, for an easier installation, you can use a cordless screwdriver or a drill with a 1/4-inch Hex head drill bit.
What are the best cellular shades?
- BEST OVERALL: Windowsandgarden Cordless Top Down Bottom Up Cellular.
- BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK: Bali Blinds 044294 214064 Cordless Light Filtering.
- BEST BLACKOUT: SBARTAR Cellular Shades Cordless Blackout.
- BEST CORDLESS: CHICOLOGY Cordless Cellular Shades.
- BEST TOP-DOWN: Achim Home Furnishings CSTD35WH06 Top-Down Cordless.
Can you mount blinds on trim?
You can mount your blinds to the trim as long as it is flat and meets the minimum requirements for an outside mount. Mounting on the trim of the window is the easiest route because all you need to collect is the size of the trim dimensions.
Is it better to mount blinds inside or outside?
If you’re installing blackout window treatments to block unwanted light, then you should use outside mount blinds. Mounting blinds outside the window frame will give you more light coverage than blinds that hang from the inside.
Are blinds or shades better?
Window shades are better than blinds at blocking light and providing privacy. They’re a bit more expensive, but they’re also more energy efficient, which can pay off in the long run. One thing to consider is that window shades may be harder to clean and maintain than window blinds.
Where do you put inside mount blinds?
Inside Mount Installation:
- Measure in from each top corner of the window frame.
- Position the brackets above your markings, and drill pilot holes where the screws should go.
- Screw the brackets into place.
- Install the shade by hooking the headrail into the front of the brackets.