- 1 Can sheer shades be top down bottom up?
- 2 Can you side mount cellular shades?
- 3 Are cellular shades easy to install?
- 4 Is it better to mount blinds inside or outside?
- 5 Can you mount blinds on trim?
- 6 What are the best cellular shades?
- 7 Are top down bottom up shades worth it?
- 8 Can top down bottom up shades go all the way up?
A: The soft sheer shades are not available with top down bottom up or the duofold lift option. Top down bottom up, sometimes referred to as duofold allows the window blinds to be lowered from the top down as well as raised as traditional shades. This upgrade is designed for both light control and privacy.
Can you side mount cellular shades?
Cellular shades come standard with top mount brackets for inside mount shades. The same brackets mount to the wall behind the cellular shades if mounted as outside mount shades. Special brackets are needed for side mount applications. Most shades can be mounted to the top of the window frame.
Are cellular shades easy to install?
Cellular shades are easy to install for an inside mount. A screwdriver is all you need to install your shades, or, for an easier installation, you can use a cordless screwdriver or a drill with a 1/4-inch Hex head drill bit. Before starting, carefully unpack your shades and mounting hardware.
Is it better to mount blinds inside or outside?
If you’re installing blackout window treatments to block unwanted light, then you should use outside mount blinds. Mounting blinds outside the window frame will give you more light coverage than blinds that hang from the inside.
Can you mount blinds on trim?
You can mount your blinds to the trim as long as it is flat and meets the minimum requirements for an outside mount. Mounting on the trim of the window is the easiest route because all you need to collect is the size of the trim dimensions.
What are the best cellular shades?
- BEST OVERALL: Windowsandgarden Cordless Top Down Bottom Up Cellular.
- BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK: Bali Blinds 044294 214064 Cordless Light Filtering.
- BEST BLACKOUT: SBARTAR Cellular Shades Cordless Blackout.
- BEST CORDLESS: CHICOLOGY Cordless Cellular Shades.
- BEST TOP-DOWN: Achim Home Furnishings CSTD35WH06 Top-Down Cordless.
They protect your floors, your furniture, and your skin. But top down bottom up shades can be adjusted to keep the sun’s rays off your floor, your furnishings, and your skin, eliminating harsh UV rays and harsh glare and filling your home with soft light instead.
Cordless top down / bottom up shades can be raised and lowered from the top and the bottom for privacy and light control. So, how do they work? Simply lift the bottom rail to raise, and pull to lower. If you choose a Lift & Lock™ system, both rails will have a push button.