- 1 How much is a SIM card in Bali?
- 2 Can I buy a SIM card at Denpasar airport?
- 3 How much is a SIM card in Indonesia?
- 4 Which SIM card is best in Indonesia?
- 5 Can I use WhatsApp in Bali?
- 6 Will my cell phone work in Bali?
- 7 Is Bali cheaper than Thailand?
- 8 Can you drink the water in Bali?
- 9 Is there WiFi in Bali?
- 10 What should I avoid in Bali?
- 11 How can I get internet in Bali?
- 12 Should I exchange money before going to Bali?
- 13 How do I activate my Telkomsel SIM card?
- 14 How do I get a SIM card in Indonesia?
- 15 How do I activate my SIM card in Indonesia?
How much is a SIM card in Bali?
SIM cards on Bali are very affordable. No need anymore to pay a crazy amount of money for roaming. For 10 USD you can be online for 30 days with a package of 4 GB. Local SIM cards can be used as long as you have an unlocked phone.
Can I buy a SIM card at Denpasar airport?
The SIM cards sold at the Bali airport are geared towards tourists. If you don’t want the 4gb or 8gb package then you can also buy a regular SIM card at a cellphone shop nearby your hotel and then just load credit and data as you need. A regular SIM card will normally cost between Rp 20,000 to Rp 30,000.
How much is a SIM card in Indonesia?
No matter the provider, a SIM card in Indonesia is generally pretty cheap, sometimes starting as low as 10,000 IDR.
Which SIM card is best in Indonesia?
- SimOptions – Your #1 Marketplace for International SIM Cards.
- Indosat – The Second Best Indonesian Carrier.
- XL Axiata – One of the Best Network Providers in the Country.
- Telkomsel – The Largest Telecommunication Company in Indonesia.
Can I use WhatsApp in Bali?
Like most South East Asian countries, WhatsApp is king. Just find a wifi signal and chat away (available at most restaurants and coffee shops). This works for all your friends at home on Facebook Messenger too!
Will my cell phone work in Bali?
If you can ‘t use your phone internationally, you can still use your cell phone in Bali if it’s a GSM (Global Systems for Mobiles) phone. You will need to replace your phone’s SIM card with a Telkomsel SIM card, and if the phone is locked it will need to be unlocked. Most stores that sell cell phones can do this.
Is Bali cheaper than Thailand?
1. Re: Which is cheaper Bali or Thailand? Bali is generally cheaper for most things but Thailand overall is of a higher standard eg – Kuta/Legian etc is quite dirty and facilities etc low grade where Thailand (Phuket) is much cleaner.
Can you drink the water in Bali?
Yes but public tap water should only be consumed after boiling and filtering unless you are told otherwise. The main issue is pathogens due to poor water pipe infrastructure and the tropical heat.
Is there WiFi in Bali?
Bali, as a popular tourist destination, is well connected these days. Besides all that, you can get yourself a local SIM card at affordable price since Bali have wide 3G coverage, though it may be slow at times. There are quite a number of coffee shops offering Free Wifi in Legian / Seminyak area and Kuta area.
What should I avoid in Bali?
7 Things Not To Do In Bali
- Don’t haggle for 30 minutes at the markets with no intention of buying. Firstly, you will be exhausted.
- Don’t spend all your time in Kuta.
- Don’t not see Kuta.
- Don’t look up when you are walking.
- Don’t leave your drinks unattended.
- Don’t just eat Western food.
- Don’t go for less than one week.
How can I get internet in Bali?
Getting Internet Services in Bali
- D-Net. D-NET is a major Internet Service Provider company in Jakarta but available also in Bali.
- Global Extreme. Global Extreme support wireless connection from 512KBps with the price Rp700rb/month.
- Biznet Networks.
- Era Akses.
- Telkom Speedy.
Should I exchange money before going to Bali?
You will get a much better exchange rate in Bali rather than in your home country. We usually recommend waiting until you arrive in Bali to get your rupiah. Money changers in Bali can and will exchange all major currencies. In most cases there is no need to bring any other currency other than your own.
How do I activate my Telkomsel SIM card?
Subscribers are required to register their prepaid number using the Primary Identification Number (NIK) in electronic ID card or Family Card (KK) and KK number. Existing customers of simPATI, Kartu As, and LOOP can re-register by sending SMS to 4444 by typing ULANG <space> NIK#KK#.
How do I get a SIM card in Indonesia?
Going to kiosks is the most popular way to buy the Indonesian SIM Card here. These small shops are scattered all over the corner in any of the Indonesian cities. They have plenty of options for Indonesian SIM cards and data packages. Prices are definitely cheaper than buying at airports.
How do I activate my SIM card in Indonesia?
Here’s a quick guide on how to register your phone number: For Indonesian Citizens: Smartphone users with a new prepaid card can text: (KTP number)#(KK number)# to 4444. If you have an existing prepaid SIM card but have not registered your ID, you can text ULANG#(KTP number)#(KK number)# to 4444.