- 1 Is Lombok better than Bali?
- 2 Why you should visit Lombok not Bali?
- 3 How many days in Lombok is enough?
- 4 Why you should visit Lombok?
- 5 What is the best area to stay in Lombok?
- 6 How safe is Lombok?
- 7 How far is Bali to Lombok?
- 8 Is Lombok near Bali?
- 9 Where is Lombok?
- 10 What is the best time to visit Lombok?
- 11 What is there to do in Lombok for 3 days?
- 12 Which is the best Gili island to visit?
- 13 How do you get around Lombok?
- 14 Where did the Lombok earthquake hit?
- 15 Where is Bali located?
Is Lombok better than Bali?
Bali vs Lombok: Food and Nightlife But Lombok also has decent options when it comes to both Indonesian and Western cuisines. The same can be said about entertainment. If you want a taste of the Indonesian nightlife, Bali is the best choice.
Why you should visit Lombok not Bali?
More Convenient Island-Hopping Lombok is strategically located in a much-coveted island constellation that includes the three Gili Islands. It takes just a few hours to hop to nearby islands, and it costs significantly less to reach those islands from Lombok rather than from Bali.
How many days in Lombok is enough?
For your first trip to Lombok, 3 days to a 1 week Lombok itinerary would be great. Of course, you can stay longer, but it will all depend on how much you want to do and what pace you’re happy to have.
Why you should visit Lombok?
10 Reasons to Visit Lombok, Indonesia
- Lombok is home to the Gili Islands.
- It’s home to many great hikes.
- It introduces Indonesia beyond Bali.
- There’s a beach with legitimately pink sand.
- It is easily accessible from Bali.
- It even has a Kuta…
- It’s covered in stunning mosques.
- Lombok is a culinary haven.
What is the best area to stay in Lombok?
- 5 Best Neighbourhoods To Stay In Lombok.
- Kuta – Where to stay in Lombok your first time.
- Mataram – Where to stay in Lombok on a budget.
- Senggigi – Best area to stay in Lombok for nightlife.
- Gili Air – Coolest place to stay in Lombok.
- Tanjung – Best neighbourhood in Lombok for families.
How safe is Lombok?
For the most part, Lombok is very safe. There is certainly an element of danger (just like with most counties in the world) – but generally speaking, Lombok is perfectly safe place to visit. Lombok is located east of Bali, most known for its beaches and surfing spots.
How far is Bali to Lombok?
The distance between Bali and Lombok Island is 148 km. 7
Is Lombok near Bali?
The provincial capital and largest city on the island is Mataram. Lombok is somewhat similar in size and density, and shares some cultural heritage with the neighboring island of Bali to the west. Lombok.
|Ethnic groups||Sasak, Balinese, Mbojo, Chinese-Indonesian, Sumbawa, Flores, Arab|
Where is Lombok?
Lombok is an island in the West Nusa Tenggara province of Indonesia. It is part of the chain of the Lesser Sunda Islands, with the Lombok Strait separating it from Bali to the west and the Alas Strait between it and Sumbawa to the east.
What is the best time to visit Lombok?
The best time to visit Lombok is from July to August. Lombok is a tropical island, so the weather is pretty much the same all year round. The peak season in Lombok lasts from May to October, and it does get crowded.
What is there to do in Lombok for 3 days?
Top Attractions in Lombok
- Mount Rinjani. 587. Mountains • Volcanoes.
- Gili Trawangan Island. 2,460. Islands.
- Tanjung Aan Beach. 869. Beaches.
- Surf Point Bongkas. Points of Interest & Landmarks. By charliefluffywilliam.
- Gili Islands. 1,035. Islands.
- Kenza Yoga. Sports Camps & Clinics.
- Kuta Beach – Lombok. 1,364. Beaches.
- Sembalun Village. 139.
Which is the best Gili island to visit?
Gili Air is the best Gili Island for honeymoons, family trips, and travelers who want to escape the madness of Gili Trawangan but need more action than in Gili Meno. On this island, you’ll find more restaurants than in Meno and even some cocktail bars.
How do you get around Lombok?
Lombok Transport: The Best Way To See The Island
- Bus. From the International Airport there is a bus which can take you to Mataram or Senggigi.
- Bemo. This is a small van with an open back and a bench seat along either side.
- Taxi. Taxi’s are a great way to get around Lombok.
- Hire a Driver.
- Car Hire.
- Motorbike Hire.
Where did the Lombok earthquake hit?
It was followed by a nearby 6.9 earthquake on 19 August 2018. The epicentre was located inland, near Loloan Village in North Lombok Regency. 5 August 2018 Lombok earthquake.
|A collapsed mosque in North Lombok|
|Areas affected||Bali and West Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia|
|Max. intensity||VIII (Severe)|
|Tsunami||10.0 cm (3.9 in)|
Where is Bali located?
Bali, island and propinsi (or provinsi; province) in the Lesser Sunda Islands, Indonesia. It is situated 1 mile (1.6 km) east of the island of Java, separated by the narrow Bali Strait.