- 1 What clothes to pack for Bali?
- 2 What should I bring on my carry on to Bali?
- 3 Is there a dress code in Bali?
- 4 What is not allowed in Bali?
- 5 How much cash should I bring to Bali?
- 6 Is it OK to wear shorts in Bali?
- 7 What should I wear in Bali at night?
- 8 What do I pack for a checklist?
- 9 How should I prepare for a trip to Bali?
- 10 Can you hold hands in Bali?
- 11 Is it rude to tip in Bali?
- 12 Where can I buy a dress in Bali?
- 13 What is considered rude in Bali?
- 14 What are the do’s and don’ts in Bali?
- 15 How do you say hello in Balinese?
What clothes to pack for Bali?
- Tops. It’s going to be hot in Bali so make sure you pack tops that are made from lightweight or breathable fabric.
- Bottoms. Again, you want to opt for a material that is either quick dry or extremely lightweight and breathable.
- Outdoor gear.
- Nice clothes.
What should I bring on my carry on to Bali?
Bali Packing Essentials
- 3 Short sleeve tops.
- 3 Pair of shorts or skirts.
- 1 Pair of sandals (make them hiking style and they can be your only shoes, unless you’re going dancing!)
- 4 Pair of underwear.
- 1 Nice dress or collared shirt.
- 1 Swimsuit.
- 1 Light jacket.
- 1 Daypack for day trips and adventures.
Is there a dress code in Bali?
Dress and act modestly. So when in or near Balinese temples or rural settlements, keep the touchy-feely stuff to a minimum. The same goes with clothing: dress as modestly as possible, especially when visiting temples. Flip-flops are perfectly acceptable, so long as the overall look is modest.
What is not allowed in Bali?
As well as sleeping pills, Australian prescription medication including strong painkillers containing codeine and medication for ADHD are among those banned from Bali. Paracetamol, antidiarrheals and antibiotics should be OK but it is always advisable to check with the Indonesian embassy before leaving home.
How much cash should I bring to Bali?
For spending money we recommend bringing the following, based on your travel budget: Low-cost: IDR200,000 ($19) per person, per day if you plan to eat local and take public transport. Mid-range: IDR530,000 ($50) per person, per day if you plan to dine in restaurants and hire a car or take private transport.
Is it OK to wear shorts in Bali?
What do Tourists Wear in Bali? Short shorts are fine on the beach but trousers or skirts that fall below the knee are ideal when traveling to small towns or non-touristy destinations.
What should I wear in Bali at night?
Pack light cotton and loose clothing; your skin will thank you.
- The ideal outfit to wear when exploring Bali is a T-shirt, shorts and sneakers.
- Pack light cotton clothes to go the beach.
- When hiking, pack warm and wet-weather clothes.
- Traditional clothes for a Hindu ceremony in Bali | © Artem Bali / Unsplash.
What do I pack for a checklist?
Vacation Packing Checklist
- One casual outfit per day of travel (up to 4) per person.
- One dressy outfit.
- One sweater or jacket.
- Underwear, delicates.
How should I prepare for a trip to Bali?
These are things we always make sure to do before leaving for Bali:
- Passport Acquisition or Renewal.
- Research New Visa Regulations.
- International Drivers License.
- Research Bali.
- Decide on Time of Year.
- Decide on Locations.
- Get Vaccinations.
- Find Accommodations.
Can you hold hands in Bali?
Romantic gestures or emotions are never displayed in public, except lovers holding hands is something the Balinese do openly. Lovers don’t kiss in public either, and visitors should also respect that for the Balinese, those intimate gestures are. The middle part of the body is considered “natural”.
Is it rude to tip in Bali?
Tipping in Bali is appreciated but it’s not required. However many service workers in Bali don’t earn very much, so even a small tip really helps. You should never feel that you have to leave a tip, especially if you received bad service and you should feel pressured.
Where can I buy a dress in Bali?
SHOPPING IN SEMINYAK: A guide to the best fashion stores in Bali
- Auguste The Label. Auguste the Label’s boho vibe had us at floaty feminine frocks!
- Uma & Leopold.
- Magali Pascal.
- Bali Boat Shed.
- Paulina Katarina.
- The Bali Tailor.
- Mrs Sippy Bazaar.
- Lulu Yasmine.
What is considered rude in Bali?
Don’t hand a Balinese person something with your left hand, it is considered rude. Don’t leave your plate completely empty when eating a meal at someone’s house. A little food is always left over as an offering for the gods and to let your host know you had enough to eat.
What are the do’s and don’ts in Bali?
Dos And Don ‘ ts When Visiting Bali
- DO: Cover Up In The Temples.
- DON ‘ T: Use Your Left Hand When Giving/Receiving.
- DO: Leave Your Shoes Outside.
- DON ‘ T: Touch People’s Heads.
- DO: Be Careful Where You Step.
- DON ‘ T: Drink Tap Water.
- DO: Haggle – But Not Too Hard.
How do you say hello in Balinese?
Saying ” Hello” in Balinese. Say “om suastiastu”. To say ” hello” in Balinese you should say “om suastiastu.” X Research source The Balinese language has a different alphabet to Western languages, so this transcribing of the phrase for hello is written as it is pronounced in Balinese.