- 1 Can roller shades be outside Mount?
- 2 Can top down bottom up shades be outside Mount?
- 3 How do you measure for outdoor mount blinds?
- 4 Do outside mount blinds look good?
- 5 Is it better to mount blinds inside or outside?
- 6 How deep should inside mount blinds be?
- 7 Can you mount blinds on trim?
- 8 Can you side mount cellular shades?
Can roller shades be outside Mount?
“ Outside mount ” roller shades are usually mounted on the windows upper molding, on the wall just above it, or on the ceiling. Outside mount roller shades are made larger (in both width and length) than the window so the entire window is covered when the shades are drawn.
Top down bottom up shades are operated using a simple cord mechanism and two top rails. The first rail is called the mounting rail, and it is attached to either the inside of your window or mounted outside, depending on your preference.
How do you measure for outdoor mount blinds?
- Measure from the far left edge of the trim to the far right edge of the trim.
- For wood blinds, faux wood blinds, aluminum blinds, and other products with end mount brackets take a 1/4″ deduction from the measurement to allow room to mount the end brackets onto the trim.
Do outside mount blinds look good?
Outside mount blinds are a great choice for shallow windows that have a small frame depth, as outside mount blinds don’t have to fit within the frame. Outside mount blinds can even help you save some money on redecorating or refinishing.
Is it better to mount blinds inside or outside?
As long as your window frame has enough depth to mount blinds inside the opening, we almost always recommend an inside mount. outside mount, the first thing you should do is measure the depth of your window frame.
How deep should inside mount blinds be?
Inside – Mounted Vertical Blinds Inside mount blinds are installed inside the window casing or door, or wall to wall in a room. The window casing must be at least 2 3/4″ deep for flush track mount or 3 3/4″ deep for flush vane mount (See diagram above).
Can you mount blinds on trim?
You can mount your blinds to the trim as long as it is flat and meets the minimum requirements for an outside mount. Mounting on the trim of the window is the easiest route because all you need to collect is the size of the trim dimensions.
Can you side mount cellular shades?
Cellular shades come standard with top mount brackets for inside mount shades. The same brackets mount to the wall behind the cellular shades if mounted as outside mount shades. Special brackets are needed for side mount applications. Most shades can be mounted to the top of the window frame.