- 1 What is the main language spoken in Bali?
- 2 What is hello in Bali?
- 3 Do Bali people speak Hindi?
- 4 How do you speak Balinese?
- 5 How dangerous is Bali?
- 6 Is Bali cheap or expensive?
- 7 How do you say please in Bali?
- 8 Is smoking allowed in Bali?
- 9 Can you smoke cigarettes in Bali?
- 10 What food is Bali famous for?
- 11 Which God is Worshipped in Bali?
- 12 What race are people in Bali?
- 13 How do you say sorry in Balinese?
- 14 How do you say yes in Balinese?
What is the main language spoken in Bali?
Bahasa Bali & Bahasa Indonesia Most Balinese are bilingual if not trilingual (Indonesian, Balinese, English). Although every Balinese speaks the language of his mother island, Indonesian is the most common language – particularly in the tourism sector.
What is hello in Bali?
Saying ” Hello” in Balinese. Say “om suastiastu”. To say ” hello” in Balinese you should say “om suastiastu.” X Research source The Balinese language has a different alphabet to Western languages, so this transcribing of the phrase for hello is written as it is pronounced in Balinese.
Do Bali people speak Hindi?
No, Indonesians generally speak Bahasa Indonesia and local languange. Even Indonesians of Indian descendants (mostly Tamil and Bengal) don’t speak Hindi, some Tamils can speak Tamil language, majority Bengalis only speak Bahasa Indonesia.
How do you speak Balinese?
Following are some simple words and phrases in English – Indonesian – Balinese:
- Good Morning – Selamat Pagi – Rahajeng Semeng.
- Good Afternoon – Selamat Sore – Rahajeng Semeng.
- Good Night – Selamat Malam- Rahajeng Wengi.
- Thank You – Terima Kasih – Suksema.
- You’re welcome – Sama sama – Suksema mewali.
How dangerous is Bali?
Crime. Although Bali is a beautiful and popular holiday destination, petty crime is common and corruption and scams do occur. We recommend a few simple precautions to help keep yourself safe. There have been cases of bag snatching so remember to keep your valuables out of sight, close to you and zipped up.
Is Bali cheap or expensive?
Bali is already the most expensive tourist destination in Indonesia and is slowly becoming more expensive as tourists discover more of Bali, but cheap food and accommodation are still widely available if you donâ€™t mind basic accommodations, stick to your budget, and bargain respectfully for prices.
How do you say please in Bali?
A collection of useful phrases in Balinese (Basa Bali ), a Malayo-Polynesian language spoken mainly in Bali in Indonesia. Useful phrases in Balinese.
|Thank you||Suksema (inf) Suksma Matur suksema (frm)|
|Reply to thank you||Mawali Suksema mawali|
Is smoking allowed in Bali?
Bali Introduces No Smoking Law in Public Places 7, 2013 stipulates that tobacco smoking is not allowed in public places in Bali. Smoking in hospitals, maternity homes and other medical facility centres is also prohibited.
Can you smoke cigarettes in Bali?
What are drinking, smoking and drug laws in Bali? Smoking laws: Smoking or selling cigarettes and tobacco in public places like tourist attractions, hospitals, temples, and public transport is strictly prohibited. Restaurants and bars in Bali have their own smoking zones where you can take a smoke undisrupted.
What food is Bali famous for?
10 Best Balinese Food
- Sate (satay) varieties.
- Nasi ayam and nasi campur.
- Bebek and ayam betutu.
- Babi guling.
- Tahu and tempeh.
- Jimbaran seafood.
- Pepes and tum.
- Traditional cakes and desserts.
Which God is Worshipped in Bali?
That is why it is often called the Shiva-Buddhist, Hindu-Dharma, Tirtha religions and also the Holy Water Religion. However, unlike polytheistic Indian Hinduism, in the belief of Balinese Hinduism, they only worship one God, called Sang Hyang Widhi, Acintya or Sang Hyang Tunggal.
What race are people in Bali?
The Balinese people (Indonesian: Suku Bali ) are an Austronesian ethnic group and nation native to the Indonesian island of Bali. The Balinese population of 4.2 million (1.7% of Indonesia’s population) live mostly on the island of Bali, making up 89% of the island’s population.
How do you say sorry in Balinese?
How to Say Sorry in Indonesian – Phrases
- “Saya minta maaf” (I’m sorry ). In english, “minta” = “ask”.
- “Saya sungguh-sungguh minta maaf” (I’m really sorry ). Or, sometimes “sungguh-sungguh” replace by “bener-bener”.
- “Saya mohon maaf” (I’m sorry ).
- “Mohon maaf lahir dan batin”.
- “Maaf” ( Sorry ).
How do you say yes in Balinese?
The ‘ yes’ in Balinese can be spoken as Inggih, Patut, and Beneh.