- 1 What drugs are banned in Bali?
- 2 What is not allowed in Bali?
- 3 What should I bring to Bali?
- 4 What clothes to wear in Bali?
- 5 What is considered rude in Bali?
- 6 What are the do’s and don’ts in Bali?
- 7 Can you hold hands in Bali?
- 8 Is it OK to wear shorts in Bali?
- 9 Is Bali cheap or expensive?
- 10 What is the traditional food of Bali?
- 11 Is there good shopping in Bali?
- 12 Does Bali ever get cold?
- 13 Where can I buy a dress in Bali?
- 14 Do tsunamis happen in Bali?
- 15 Which language is spoken in Bali?
What drugs are banned in Bali?
Opiods (such as morphine) Pseudoephedrine (used in some cold medication ) Dexamphetamine (used in ADHD medication ) Benzodiazepines (Valium and Xanax takers beware)
What is not allowed in Bali?
As well as sleeping pills, Australian prescription medication including strong painkillers containing codeine and medication for ADHD are among those banned from Bali. Paracetamol, antidiarrheals and antibiotics should be OK but it is always advisable to check with the Indonesian embassy before leaving home.
What should I bring to Bali?
Consider waiting until you arrive in Bali to purchase some of these common items:
- Sarongs (for sun protection and some Hindu temples require men to wear one to enter)
- Beach bags.
- Swimsuits / beach cover-ups.
- Evening and sundresses.
- Flip-flops / sandals.
- Handmade jewelry.
What clothes to wear in Bali?
Pack light cotton and loose clothing; your skin will thank you.
- The ideal outfit to wear when exploring Bali is a T-shirt, shorts and sneakers.
- Pack light cotton clothes to go the beach.
- When hiking, pack warm and wet-weather clothes.
- Traditional clothes for a Hindu ceremony in Bali | © Artem Bali / Unsplash.
What is considered rude in Bali?
Don’t hand a Balinese person something with your left hand, it is considered rude. Don’t leave your plate completely empty when eating a meal at someone’s house. A little food is always left over as an offering for the gods and to let your host know you had enough to eat.
What are the do’s and don’ts in Bali?
DON’T: Touch People’s Heads Touching people’s heads is a big no-no and one practice you should always remember in Bali. The Balinese believe that the head is the most sacred part of the body. As such, an action like ruffling a child’s hair – even if in a playful manner – is considered highly impolite.
Can you hold hands in Bali?
Romantic gestures or emotions are never displayed in public, except lovers holding hands is something the Balinese do openly. Lovers don’t kiss in public either, and visitors should also respect that for the Balinese, those intimate gestures are. The middle part of the body is considered “natural”.
Is it OK to wear shorts in Bali?
What do Tourists Wear in Bali? Short shorts are fine on the beach but trousers or skirts that fall below the knee are ideal when traveling to small towns or non-touristy destinations.
Is Bali cheap or expensive?
Bali is already the most expensive tourist destination in Indonesia and is slowly becoming more expensive as tourists discover more of Bali, but cheap food and accommodation are still widely available if you donâ€™t mind basic accommodations, stick to your budget, and bargain respectfully for prices.
What is the traditional food of Bali?
Here are the traditional dishes to try in Bali if you want to experience the essence of the island on your plate.
- Satay. Satay, or sate in Indonesian, are basically grilled slices of chicken, goat, beef, or pork skewered on sticks.
- Babi Guling.
- Nasi Jinggo.
- Sambal Matah.
Is there good shopping in Bali?
These places are best for shopping in Bali: Nyaman Gallery. Sindhu Market. Purpa Fine Art Gallery Seminyak.
Does Bali ever get cold?
It is rare to be in Bali on a chilly day. In fact, not a single month has an average low temperature of less than 75 degrees F. July is the coolest month of the year, with an average low temperature of 75 degrees F. May, June, August and September have average low temperatures of 77 degrees.
Where can I buy a dress in Bali?
SHOPPING IN SEMINYAK: A guide to the best fashion stores in Bali
- Auguste The Label. Auguste the Label’s boho vibe had us at floaty feminine frocks!
- Uma & Leopold.
- Magali Pascal.
- Bali Boat Shed.
- Paulina Katarina.
- The Bali Tailor.
- Mrs Sippy Bazaar.
- Lulu Yasmine.
Do tsunamis happen in Bali?
This area is in the basin of the Pacific Ocean and it experiences frequent earthquakes and tsunamis. Most of the volcanic eruptions and earthquakes in the world happen within the Ring of Fire. Since then, there hasn’t been a tsunami around Bali. But Balinese officials and locals are still very much on guard.
Which language is spoken in Bali?
Balinese is a Malayo-Polynesian language spoken by 3.3 million people (as of 2000) on the Indonesian island of Bali as well as Northern Nusa Penida, Western Lombok, Eastern Java, Southern Sumatra, and Sulawesi. Balinese language.
|Ethnicity||Balinese Bali Aga Loloan Malay|
|Native speakers||3.3 million (2000 census)|