- 1 What should I avoid in Bali?
- 2 What are the do’s and don’ts in Bali?
- 3 What is illegal in Bali?
- 4 Is Bali dangerous for tourists?
- 5 Are mosquitoes bad in Bali?
- 6 Why is Bali so cheap?
- 7 Can you hold hands in Bali?
- 8 What is considered rude in Bali?
- 9 Can unmarried couples stay together in Bali?
- 10 How do you dress in Bali?
- 11 Can I go to Bali with my boyfriend?
- 12 Do they speak English in Bali?
- 13 What food is Bali famous for?
- 14 Is Bali expensive to visit?
What should I avoid in Bali?
To reduce your risks, we recommend not eating these foods in Bali:
- Food from street vendors – eat at hotels and reputable restaurants.
- Leafy green vegetables and salads – they could be contaminated after being washed with tap water.
- Rare or undercooked meats.
- Chicken particularly if it’s not fully cooked.
What are the do’s and don’ts in Bali?
Dos And Don ‘ ts When Visiting Bali
- DO: Cover Up In The Temples.
- DON ‘ T: Use Your Left Hand When Giving/Receiving.
- DO: Leave Your Shoes Outside.
- DON ‘ T: Touch People’s Heads.
- DO: Be Careful Where You Step.
- DON ‘ T: Drink Tap Water.
- DO: Haggle – But Not Too Hard.
What is illegal in Bali?
Bali’s drug laws are very strict and should not be trifled with. Indonesian Law No. 35/2009 lays down harsh penalties for drug users caught with Group 1 drugs like marijuana, heroin, and cocaine. You can get life imprisonment for possession or the death penalty if you’ve been convicted of trafficking in drugs.
Is Bali dangerous for tourists?
Is Bali Dangerous? Although Bali is safe enough to visit for a short trip, earthquakes and tsunamis are a major concern. In 2018, Indonesia as a whole suffered from 2,000 natural disasters, claiming nearly 4,000 lives, displacing 3 million people, and leaving much of the country in a state of devastation.
Are mosquitoes bad in Bali?
Bali mosquitos are usually worse in the rainy season (October to March) but you do need to be vigilant all year round. Mosquitoes in Bali are evident in varying degrees at all times. Nowhere is 100% safe at all times. Be sure to get your travel insurance, just in case.
Why is Bali so cheap?
Bali is extremely cheap because daily expenses are way lower than in other countries. Meals, hotels rooms, shopping, transport fees, and every other expense are all much cheaper. After calculations, it costs around $80 dollars per day to live a great life in Bali.
Can you hold hands in Bali?
Romantic gestures or emotions are never displayed in public, except lovers holding hands is something the Balinese do openly. Lovers don’t kiss in public either, and visitors should also respect that for the Balinese, those intimate gestures are. The middle part of the body is considered “natural”.
What is considered rude in Bali?
Don’t hand a Balinese person something with your left hand, it is considered rude. Don’t leave your plate completely empty when eating a meal at someone’s house. A little food is always left over as an offering for the gods and to let your host know you had enough to eat.
Can unmarried couples stay together in Bali?
The Indonesian government has proposed a new law under which unmarried couples won’t be allowed to book or stay at hotels together in Bali. If couples were to stay together in a room, the consequences of the same will be equivalent to that of a criminal offence, landing them in Balinese jail.
How do you dress in Bali?
Pack light cotton and loose clothing; your skin will thank you.
- The ideal outfit to wear when exploring Bali is a T-shirt, shorts and sneakers.
- Pack light cotton clothes to go the beach.
- When hiking, pack warm and wet-weather clothes.
- Traditional clothes for a Hindu ceremony in Bali | © Artem Bali / Unsplash.
Can I go to Bali with my boyfriend?
Dear tourists: No, you won’t be jailed for having sex with your unmarried partner in Bali. Secondly, there is no premarital sex ban in Bali, or anywhere else in Indonesia for that matter (except, of course, in sharia law-enforcing Aceh).
Do they speak English in Bali?
English on Bali English is the common “third” language and the most popular foreign language by far (after Indonesian and Balinese ). Due to tourism requirements, a lot of Balinese speak a level of English that allows them to communicate with tourists on a fundamental level.
What food is Bali famous for?
10 Best Balinese Food
- Sate (satay) varieties.
- Nasi ayam and nasi campur.
- Bebek and ayam betutu.
- Babi guling.
- Tahu and tempeh.
- Jimbaran seafood.
- Pepes and tum.
- Traditional cakes and desserts.
Is Bali expensive to visit?
Bali is already the most expensive tourist destination in Indonesia and is slowly becoming more expensive as tourists discover more of Bali, but cheap food and accommodation are still widely available if you donâ€™t mind basic accommodations, stick to your budget, and bargain respectfully for prices.