- 1 What is Denpasar known for?
- 2 Is Denpasar worth visiting?
- 3 Is Denpasar safe?
- 4 How expensive is Bali?
- 5 What should I avoid in Bali?
- 6 Can you use US dollars in Bali?
- 7 Can you wear shorts in Bali?
- 8 How many days in Bali is enough?
- 9 What is the nicest part of Bali?
- 10 What is illegal in Bali?
- 11 Do they speak English in Bali?
- 12 Can unmarried couples go to Bali?
- 13 Is Bali cheaper than Thailand?
- 14 Can you drink alcohol in Bali?
- 15 What food is Bali famous for?
What is Denpasar known for?
What is Denpasar known for? Denpasar is the city that connects tourists to the different cities in Bali as it has the international airport of Bali. It is also the site that plays host to the famous Bali Arts Festival annually.
Is Denpasar worth visiting?
Denpasar may be the capital but it’s not the capital of tourism. Most tourists do not go to here, as it is not promoted as a place to visit and it may not have the wide variety of tourist attractions as other places. But it is a city rich in culture, temples, local activity, markets and indonesian food.
Is Denpasar safe?
Denpasar is a safe enough city for travelers, and tourists do not face serious problems here. The crime index is at a low level. The main problems are associated with petty theft and corruption.
How expensive is Bali?
Bali trip cost for one week
|Accommodations||$480 ($100 X 6 nights)|
|Transportation and attractions||$120|
|Food and drink||$175 ($25 X 6 7 days)|
What should I avoid in Bali?
7 Things Not To Do In Bali
- Don’t haggle for 30 minutes at the markets with no intention of buying. Firstly, you will be exhausted.
- Don’t spend all your time in Kuta.
- Don’t not see Kuta.
- Don’t look up when you are walking.
- Don’t leave your drinks unattended.
- Don’t just eat Western food.
- Don’t go for less than one week.
Can you use US dollars in Bali?
Are US Dollars accepted in Bali? US dollars are not generally accepted at Balinese businesses. Some larger hotels and tour operators may accept US Dollars as payment but the exchange rate will be terrible, so I don’t recommend using them to exchange your foreign currency if it can be helped.
Can you wear shorts in Bali?
What do Tourists Wear in Bali? Short shorts are fine on the beach but trousers or skirts that fall below the knee are ideal when traveling to small towns or non-touristy destinations.
How many days in Bali is enough?
To really enjoy your holiday in Bali you would need to spend at least 6-10 days as 3-4 days is more like business trip can’t do much.
What is the nicest part of Bali?
Best Areas to Stay in Bali
- Kuta – for surfers & party lovers.
- Seminyak – for sunset beach bars, luxury restaurants, and shopping.
- Canggu – for laid-back boho-chic beach lovers.
- Uluwatu – upscale clifftop resorts and beach clubs.
- Ubud – for serenity, stunning nature and peaceful getaways.
What is illegal in Bali?
Bali’s drug laws are very strict and should not be trifled with. Indonesian Law No. 35/2009 lays down harsh penalties for drug users caught with Group 1 drugs like marijuana, heroin, and cocaine. You can get life imprisonment for possession or the death penalty if you’ve been convicted of trafficking in drugs.
Do they speak English in Bali?
English on Bali English is the common “third” language and the most popular foreign language by far (after Indonesian and Balinese ). Due to tourism requirements, a lot of Balinese speak a level of English that allows them to communicate with tourists on a fundamental level.
Can unmarried couples go to Bali?
Unmarried tourists planning a fun Bali vacation will now have to be very cautious. The couple won’t get a room unless they manage to produce a legal marriage certificate as a proof.
Is Bali cheaper than Thailand?
1. Re: Which is cheaper Bali or Thailand? Bali is generally cheaper for most things but Thailand overall is of a higher standard eg – Kuta/Legian etc is quite dirty and facilities etc low grade where Thailand (Phuket) is much cleaner.
Can you drink alcohol in Bali?
Currently, there are no alcohol bans being enforced in Indonesia, with the exception of Aceh. Also in 2015, the Indonesian government banned the sale of alcohol from minimarkets and small shops, with the exception of Bali province, though sale was allowed in supermarkets, restaurants, bars, clubs and hotels.
What food is Bali famous for?
10 Best Balinese Food
- Sate (satay) varieties.
- Nasi ayam and nasi campur.
- Bebek and ayam betutu.
- Babi guling.
- Tahu and tempeh.
- Jimbaran seafood.
- Pepes and tum.
- Traditional cakes and desserts.