- 1 How do I get from Bali to Komodo Island?
- 2 Is it worth going to Komodo Island?
- 3 How many days do you need in Komodo?
- 4 How do you get from Bali to Labuan Bajo?
- 5 Is it safe to visit Komodo Island?
- 6 How dangerous are Komodo dragons?
- 7 Why is Komodo island closing?
- 8 Can a Komodo dragon kill you?
- 9 How much does it cost to go to Komodo Island?
- 10 What should I wear to Komodo Island?
- 11 Where should I stay in Komodo Island?
- 12 How do you get around Komodo Island?
- 13 How far is Komodo Island from Bali?
- 14 How do I get from Bali to Sumba?
- 15 How do you get to Labuan Bajo from Komodo Island?
How do I get from Bali to Komodo Island?
There is no direct connection from Bali to Komodo National Park. However, you can take the taxi to Ngurah Rai airport, fly to Labuan Bajo, take the walk to Labuhanbajo, take the ferry to Komodo National Park, then take the travel to Komodo National Park. 7
Is it worth going to Komodo Island?
Boat trips of varying degrees of comfort (and price) run to Komodo and Rinca and various snorkling spots/beaches, and are definitely worthwhile. Flores is very beautiful, Komodo dragons are a “must see” and the small islands of the Komodo national park are beautiful.
How many days do you need in Komodo?
Second important question: how long should be your trip to Komodo Island? We spent two days and a half in the park and it was enough to enjoy the top attractions of Komodo National Park. I would say to do at least a two days trip from Labuan Bajo to the Komodo Islands, then one more day to relax.
How do you get from Bali to Labuan Bajo?
The cheapest way to get from Bali to Labuan Bajo is to ferry which costs Rp320000 – Rp410000 and takes 36h 12m. How do I get from Bali to Labuan Bajo the fastest? The fastest way to get from Bali to Labuan Bajo is to fly. Taking this option will cost Rp410000 – Rp700000 and takes 1h 5m. 7
Is it safe to visit Komodo Island?
Visiting Komodo National Park, Indonesia They are lethal when they want to be. As a visitor to this Komodo dragon preserve, there isn’t much danger, though. A few days before my visit, some tourists saw a group of dragons attack and eat a water buffalo.
How dangerous are Komodo dragons?
Attacks on humans are rare, but Komodo dragons have been responsible for several human fatalities, in both the wild and in captivity. According to data from Komodo National Park spanning a 38-year period between 1974 and 2012, there were 24 reported attacks on humans, five of them fatal.
Why is Komodo island closing?
In July, authorities in East Nusa Tenggara province said that the island would be closed for one year from January 2020 to stop tourists interfering with the natural behaviour of the largest species of lizard on earth. On Monday Siti Nurbaya Bakar, Indonesia’s environment and forestry minister, said the move was off.
Can a Komodo dragon kill you?
KOMODO ISLAND, Indonesia — Komodo dragons have shark-like teeth and poisonous venom that can kill a person within hours of a bite.
How much does it cost to go to Komodo Island?
Komodo National Park
|Entrance Ticket National Park (working days):||150,000 rp (11 USD) per person|
|Snorkeling fee:||50,000 rp (3.50 USD) per person|
|Kanawa Island fee:||100,000 rp (6.60 USD) per person|
|Boat Parking fee Rinca:||100,000 rp per boat|
|Boat Parking fee Kanawa:||100,000 rp per boat|
What should I wear to Komodo Island?
Jacket – while the islands are really hot during the day, the temperature can drop when the sun goes down and a jacket is nice to have. Clothes you can sweat in – it will certainly be very hot regardless of when you visit, so pack clothes you don’t mind sweating in for your hikes.
Where should I stay in Komodo Island?
Stay in Komodo National Park’s best hotels!
- Komodo Resort. Sebayur.
- The Jayakarta Suites Komodo Flores. Hotel in Labuan Bajo.
- La Belle Etoile Hotel. Hotel in Labuan Bajo.
- Puri Sari Beach Hotel. Hotel in Labuan Bajo.
- Sudamala Resort, Komodo, Labuan Bajo.
- OYO 967 Cajoma Guesthouse.
- Le Pirate Island.
- Luwansa Beach Hotel.
How do you get around Komodo Island?
- Go scuba diving and snorkelling with local dive centers. The boat ride to the diving sites can be quite long, up to 3 hours but very scenic.
- Get a liveboard for a few days to cruise around the Komodo Islands and dive the best spots.
- Arrange your own cruise in Labuan Bajo.
How far is Komodo Island from Bali?
Komodo Island is 200 nautical miles east of the island of Bali in the Indonesian archipelago.
How do I get from Bali to Sumba?
The most affordable way to get from Bali to Pulau Sumba is to ferry, which costs Rp320000 – Rp430000 and takes 45h 19m. What is the fastest way to get from Bali to Pulau Sumba? The quickest way to get from Bali to Pulau Sumba is to fly which costs Rp850000 – Rp1500000 and takes 1h 5m.
How do you get to Labuan Bajo from Komodo Island?
The first option is to fly to Labuan Bajo on Flores Island and then take an organized boat tour to Komodo. The second option is for the more adventurous travellers: Taking a 3 day and 2 night boat tour from Gili Islands or Lombok heading to Flores with several stops (including Komodo ) on the way.