- 1 Can you wear shorts in Bali?
- 2 What should I avoid in Bali?
- 3 What to bring on a trip to Bali?
- 4 What do girls wear in Bali?
- 5 Can you use your phone in Bali?
- 6 What is banned in Bali?
- 7 What is illegal in Bali?
- 8 Are mosquitoes bad in Bali?
- 9 How much cash should I bring to Bali?
- 10 What is Bali belly caused from?
- 11 What should you not bring to the beach?
- 12 Is it rude to tip in Bali?
- 13 Where can I buy a dress in Bali?
- 14 Is there good shopping in Bali?
Can you wear shorts in Bali?
What do Tourists Wear in Bali? Short shorts are fine on the beach but trousers or skirts that fall below the knee are ideal when traveling to small towns or non-touristy destinations.
What should I avoid in Bali?
7 Things Not To Do In Bali
- Don’t haggle for 30 minutes at the markets with no intention of buying. Firstly, you will be exhausted.
- Don’t spend all your time in Kuta.
- Don’t not see Kuta.
- Don’t look up when you are walking.
- Don’t leave your drinks unattended.
- Don’t just eat Western food.
- Don’t go for less than one week.
What to bring on a trip to Bali?
Consider waiting until you arrive in Bali to purchase some of these common items:
- Sarongs (for sun protection and some Hindu temples require men to wear one to enter)
- Beach bags.
- Swimsuits / beach cover-ups.
- Evening and sundresses.
- Flip-flops / sandals.
- Handmade jewelry.
What do girls wear in Bali?
Wear a shirt that covers your arms and shoulders; men and women should also wear a kain, or sarong—a scarf that is wrapped around your waist, like a skirt.
Can you use your phone in Bali?
If you can ‘t use your phone internationally, you can still use your cell phone in Bali if it’s a GSM (Global Systems for Mobiles) phone. You will need to replace your phone’s SIM card with a Telkomsel SIM card, and if the phone is locked it will need to be unlocked. Most stores that sell cell phones can do this.
What is banned in Bali?
As we have already discussed, there are some prescription drugs that are considered illegal in Bali. Being in possession of everyday medications that you use at home can land you in a heap of trouble. Sleeping pills, Valium, Xanax, and Codeine being among them.
What is illegal in Bali?
Bali’s drug laws are very strict and should not be trifled with. Indonesian Law No. 35/2009 lays down harsh penalties for drug users caught with Group 1 drugs like marijuana, heroin, and cocaine. You can get life imprisonment for possession or the death penalty if you’ve been convicted of trafficking in drugs.
Are mosquitoes bad in Bali?
Bali mosquitos are usually worse in the rainy season (October to March) but you do need to be vigilant all year round. Mosquitoes in Bali are evident in varying degrees at all times. Nowhere is 100% safe at all times. Be sure to get your travel insurance, just in case.
How much cash should I bring to Bali?
For spending money we recommend bringing the following, based on your travel budget: Low-cost: IDR200,000 ($19) per person, per day if you plan to eat local and take public transport. Mid-range: IDR530,000 ($50) per person, per day if you plan to dine in restaurants and hire a car or take private transport.
What is Bali belly caused from?
Bali Belly can be caused by bacteria found in local foods or drinking water, although it is most commonly caused by an increase in exotic foods, too much food and an increase in alcohol consumption.
What should you not bring to the beach?
What NOT to Bring to the Beach
- Definite No-Nos:
- Alcohol: Possession and consumption of alcoholic beverages on beaches is strictly forbidden.
- Glass: This is a public service if there ever was one.
Is it rude to tip in Bali?
Tipping in Bali is appreciated but it’s not required. However many service workers in Bali don’t earn very much, so even a small tip really helps. You should never feel that you have to leave a tip, especially if you received bad service and you should feel pressured.
Where can I buy a dress in Bali?
SHOPPING IN SEMINYAK: A guide to the best fashion stores in Bali
- Auguste The Label. Auguste the Label’s boho vibe had us at floaty feminine frocks!
- Uma & Leopold.
- Magali Pascal.
- Bali Boat Shed.
- Paulina Katarina.
- The Bali Tailor.
- Mrs Sippy Bazaar.
- Lulu Yasmine.
Is there good shopping in Bali?
These places are best for shopping in Bali: Nyaman Gallery. Sindhu Market. Purpa Fine Art Gallery Seminyak.