- 1 What clothes to take to Bali in March?
- 2 What should you not wear in Singapore?
- 3 What do ladies wear in Singapore?
- 4 What should you not wear in Indonesia?
- 5 What is not allowed in Bali?
- 6 Is March rainy season in Bali?
- 7 What is considered rude in Singapore?
- 8 Can you kiss in Singapore?
- 9 Can ladies wear shorts in Singapore?
- 10 Can you wear jeans in Singapore?
- 11 Can you wear shorts in Singapore?
- 12 Can you hold hands in public in Singapore?
- 13 What is considered rude in Indonesia?
- 14 What can you not bring to Indonesia?
- 15 How can I be polite in Indonesia?
What clothes to take to Bali in March?
If you plan to visit Bali during the rainy season, make sure to pack layers and always—always—have a rain poncho with you. When the rainy season ends in mid- March, the sky turns blue and the air is fresh and clean because of the rain from the previous months.
What should you not wear in Singapore?
For everyday wear, pack a pair of comfy sandals and a pair of flip flops for the beach. For dressy dinners, bring ballet flats, and pack hiking/waterproof boots if you plan on taking an adventure out into the wild. In general, stay away from soft fabrics and suede, as these will get ruined in the flash rain showers.
What do ladies wear in Singapore?
What to wear in Singapore: Clothing options for stylish women
- Tops. Throw on a light, summery top over denim shorts or classic-cut pants, depending on the occasion.
- Playsuits. If you’re wondering what to wear in Singapore, then pick playsuits.
What should you not wear in Indonesia?
Our advice is to avoid wearing revealing clothes as a mark of respect to the country’s predominantly Muslim values. A long skirt or pants with a loose cotton shirt with sleeves would all work well and will protect you from the sun. At such times, we’d recommend you wear a kaftan or sarong at the least.
What is not allowed in Bali?
As well as sleeping pills, Australian prescription medication including strong painkillers containing codeine and medication for ADHD are among those banned from Bali. Paracetamol, antidiarrheals and antibiotics should be OK but it is always advisable to check with the Indonesian embassy before leaving home.
Is March rainy season in Bali?
March is still the rainy season in Bali.
What is considered rude in Singapore?
Never signal or point at a person with the forefinger. Do not pound your first on an open palm; this is obscene. The forearm jerk is a rude gesture.
Can you kiss in Singapore?
Public displays of affection such as kissing in itself is not illegal in Singapore as certain people would have you believe. As stated under section 20 of the above mentioned Act in Singapore’s ordinance, sensual or obscene acts are classified under indecent behavior and are strictly forbidden in public areas.
Can ladies wear shorts in Singapore?
You can virtually wear anything and be comfortable in Singapore. As you can see women dress for comfort and style in Singapore. Shorts is fine, sleeveless is fine, basically you can dress as you dress at home! And it is cool to click the Marina Bay Sands.
Can you wear jeans in Singapore?
Singapore style tips Jeans and t-shirts are acceptable but our advice would be to take lightweight clothes in natural fabrics; linen, silk and cotton will be more comfortable in the heat and will wash and dry quickly.
Can you wear shorts in Singapore?
But how to dress for Singapore? Now you may think that dressing for Singapore is a breeze, which it is, if you stay outside all the time. In that case all you need are some shorts and a singlet or t-shirt. The less you wear, the better and pure cotton, linen or silk is mandatory.
Can you hold hands in public in Singapore?
It’s probably a bad idea to attract public attention by holding a partner’s hand, if you are gay, since this is still very illegal in Singapore. Holding hands is quite common and not an illegal act, but going overboard with fondling may attract stares and a possible punishment.
What is considered rude in Indonesia?
So when shaking hands, offering a gift, handing or receiving something, eating, pointing or generally touching another person, it is considered proper etiquette to always use your right hand. Pointing toward someone with forefinger is considered rude.
What can you not bring to Indonesia?
Indonesia Prohibited and Restricted Items
- Animal skins.
- Any materials printed or otherwise that are anti-Muslim in nature or that promote communism.
- Checks in all forms (blank stock, travelers cheques, payroll, cashier)
- Coffee and Coffee Samples.
- Communications equipment.
- Compact discs.
- Computer software.
- Cotton seeds.
How can I be polite in Indonesia?
Basic rules of Indonesian etiquette
- Never use your left hand for anything.
- Remember to remove your shoes or sandals at the door to a house, and don’t show the soles of your feet to anyone.
- Use your right thumb to point at things – pointing with the index finger is considered rude.