- 1 What clothes to wear in Bali?
- 2 What should I avoid in Bali?
- 3 What are the do’s and don’ts in Bali?
- 4 What is considered rude in Bali?
- 5 What kind of food do they eat in Bali?
- 6 Do tsunamis happen in Bali?
- 7 What is illegal in Bali?
- 8 What is banned in Bali?
- 9 Are mosquitoes bad in Bali?
- 10 Can you hold hands in Bali?
- 11 Can unmarried couples stay together in Bali?
- 12 Is it OK to wear shorts in Bali?
- 13 Does Bali have a dress code?
- 14 What is the cheapest month to go to Bali?
- 15 How much spending money will I need for a week in Bali?
What clothes to wear in Bali?
Pack light cotton and loose clothing; your skin will thank you.
- The ideal outfit to wear when exploring Bali is a T-shirt, shorts and sneakers.
- Pack light cotton clothes to go the beach.
- When hiking, pack warm and wet-weather clothes.
- Traditional clothes for a Hindu ceremony in Bali | © Artem Bali / Unsplash.
What should I avoid in Bali?
7 Things Not To Do In Bali
- Don’t haggle for 30 minutes at the markets with no intention of buying. Firstly, you will be exhausted.
- Don’t spend all your time in Kuta.
- Don’t not see Kuta.
- Don’t look up when you are walking.
- Don’t leave your drinks unattended.
- Don’t just eat Western food.
- Don’t go for less than one week.
What are the do’s and don’ts in Bali?
DON’T: Touch People’s Heads Touching people’s heads is a big no-no and one practice you should always remember in Bali. The Balinese believe that the head is the most sacred part of the body. As such, an action like ruffling a child’s hair – even if in a playful manner – is considered highly impolite.
What is considered rude in Bali?
Don’t hand a Balinese person something with your left hand, it is considered rude. Don’t leave your plate completely empty when eating a meal at someone’s house. A little food is always left over as an offering for the gods and to let your host know you had enough to eat.
What kind of food do they eat in Bali?
10 Foods You Must Eat in Bali
- Babi Guling- Suckling Pig. by Kaum.
- Gado Gado- Indonesian Salad. by Taste.
- Mie Goreng- Stir Fried Noodles. A staple Indonesian food.
- Sate- Skewer. Eat barbequed meat on a stick.
- Pepes Ikan- Steamed Fish in Banana Leaf.
- Laklak- Balinese Cake.
- Nasi Campur- Mixed Rice.
- Es Campur- Shaved Ice.
Do tsunamis happen in Bali?
This area is in the basin of the Pacific Ocean and it experiences frequent earthquakes and tsunamis. Most of the volcanic eruptions and earthquakes in the world happen within the Ring of Fire. Since then, there hasn’t been a tsunami around Bali. But Balinese officials and locals are still very much on guard.
What is illegal in Bali?
Bali’s drug laws are very strict and should not be trifled with. Indonesian Law No. 35/2009 lays down harsh penalties for drug users caught with Group 1 drugs like marijuana, heroin, and cocaine. You can get life imprisonment for possession or the death penalty if you’ve been convicted of trafficking in drugs.
What is banned in Bali?
As we have already discussed, there are some prescription drugs that are considered illegal in Bali. Being in possession of everyday medications that you use at home can land you in a heap of trouble. Sleeping pills, Valium, Xanax, and Codeine being among them.
Are mosquitoes bad in Bali?
Bali mosquitos are usually worse in the rainy season (October to March) but you do need to be vigilant all year round. Mosquitoes in Bali are evident in varying degrees at all times. Nowhere is 100% safe at all times. Be sure to get your travel insurance, just in case.
Can you hold hands in Bali?
Romantic gestures or emotions are never displayed in public, except lovers holding hands is something the Balinese do openly. Lovers don’t kiss in public either, and visitors should also respect that for the Balinese, those intimate gestures are. The middle part of the body is considered “natural”.
Can unmarried couples stay together in Bali?
The Indonesian government has proposed a new law under which unmarried couples won’t be allowed to book or stay at hotels together in Bali. If couples were to stay together in a room, the consequences of the same will be equivalent to that of a criminal offence, landing them in Balinese jail.
Is it OK to wear shorts in Bali?
What do Tourists Wear in Bali? Short shorts are fine on the beach but trousers or skirts that fall below the knee are ideal when traveling to small towns or non-touristy destinations.
Does Bali have a dress code?
Dress and act modestly. The same goes with clothing: dress as modestly as possible, especially when visiting temples. The following leg coverings are mandatory for both men and women preparing to enter a Balinese temple: Sarong (also known locally as kain kamben) around your legs.
What is the cheapest month to go to Bali?
February is the cheapest month to fly to Bali, has cheaper accommodation and is quieter as a result of the rainy season.
How much spending money will I need for a week in Bali?
A vacation to Bali for one week usually costs around Rp6,455,479 for one person. So, a trip to Bali for two people costs around Rp12,910,957 for one week. A trip for two weeks for two people costs Rp25,821,915 in Bali.