- 1 Is there a dress code in Bali?
- 2 What clothes to pack for Bali?
- 3 Can you wear shorts in Bali?
- 4 What should I bring on my carry on to Bali?
- 5 Can you hold hands in Bali?
- 6 Is it rude to tip in Bali?
- 7 How much cash should I bring to Bali?
- 8 What should I avoid in Bali?
- 9 What should you not do in Bali?
- 10 What do girls wear in Bali?
- 11 Can you use your phone in Bali?
- 12 How much do you spend per day in Bali?
- 13 How should I prepare for a trip to Bali?
- 14 What do I pack for a checklist?
- 15 What do you wear to temples in Bali?
Is there a dress code in Bali?
Dress and act modestly. So when in or near Balinese temples or rural settlements, keep the touchy-feely stuff to a minimum. The same goes with clothing: dress as modestly as possible, especially when visiting temples. Flip-flops are perfectly acceptable, so long as the overall look is modest.
What clothes to pack for Bali?
- Tops. It’s going to be hot in Bali so make sure you pack tops that are made from lightweight or breathable fabric.
- Bottoms. Again, you want to opt for a material that is either quick dry or extremely lightweight and breathable.
- Outdoor gear.
- Nice clothes.
Can you wear shorts in Bali?
What do Tourists Wear in Bali? Short shorts are fine on the beach but trousers or skirts that fall below the knee are ideal when traveling to small towns or non-touristy destinations.
What should I bring on my carry on to Bali?
Bali Packing Essentials
- 3 Short sleeve tops.
- 3 Pair of shorts or skirts.
- 1 Pair of sandals (make them hiking style and they can be your only shoes, unless you’re going dancing!)
- 4 Pair of underwear.
- 1 Nice dress or collared shirt.
- 1 Swimsuit.
- 1 Light jacket.
- 1 Daypack for day trips and adventures.
Can you hold hands in Bali?
Romantic gestures or emotions are never displayed in public, except lovers holding hands is something the Balinese do openly. Lovers don’t kiss in public either, and visitors should also respect that for the Balinese, those intimate gestures are. The middle part of the body is considered “natural”.
Is it rude to tip in Bali?
Tipping in Bali is appreciated but it’s not required. However many service workers in Bali don’t earn very much, so even a small tip really helps. You should never feel that you have to leave a tip, especially if you received bad service and you should feel pressured.
How much cash should I bring to Bali?
For spending money we recommend bringing the following, based on your travel budget: Low-cost: IDR200,000 ($19) per person, per day if you plan to eat local and take public transport. Mid-range: IDR530,000 ($50) per person, per day if you plan to dine in restaurants and hire a car or take private transport.
What should I avoid in Bali?
7 Things Not To Do In Bali
- Don’t haggle for 30 minutes at the markets with no intention of buying. Firstly, you will be exhausted.
- Don’t spend all your time in Kuta.
- Don’t not see Kuta.
- Don’t look up when you are walking.
- Don’t leave your drinks unattended.
- Don’t just eat Western food.
- Don’t go for less than one week.
What should you not do in Bali?
9 Things Not To Do In Bali
- Do Not Enter The Temples With Your Shoes On.
- Avoid Drinking Tap Water.
- Do Not Visit Temples Wearing Revealing Clothes.
- Avoid Using Your Left Hand For Giving Or Accepting Things.
- Drug Possession And Consumption Can Land You In Jail.
- Maintain Decorum During Nyepi.
- Honking Without Reason Is Prohibited.
What do girls wear in Bali?
Wear a shirt that covers your arms and shoulders; men and women should also wear a kain, or sarong—a scarf that is wrapped around your waist, like a skirt.
Can you use your phone in Bali?
If you can ‘t use your phone internationally, you can still use your cell phone in Bali if it’s a GSM (Global Systems for Mobiles) phone. You will need to replace your phone’s SIM card with a Telkomsel SIM card, and if the phone is locked it will need to be unlocked. Most stores that sell cell phones can do this.
How much do you spend per day in Bali?
You should plan to spend around Rp922,211 ($64) per day on your vacation in Bali, which is the average daily price based on the expenses of other visitors. Past travelers have spent, on average, Rp258,405 ($18) on meals for one day and Rp116,446 ($8.04) on local transportation.
How should I prepare for a trip to Bali?
These are things we always make sure to do before leaving for Bali:
- Passport Acquisition or Renewal.
- Research New Visa Regulations.
- International Drivers License.
- Research Bali.
- Decide on Time of Year.
- Decide on Locations.
- Get Vaccinations.
- Find Accommodations.
What do I pack for a checklist?
Vacation Packing Checklist
- One casual outfit per day of travel (up to 4) per person.
- One dressy outfit.
- One sweater or jacket.
- Underwear, delicates.
What do you wear to temples in Bali?
Dress and Act Modestly Both men and women should wear clothes past the knee and shoulders covered. A long sarong (kain kamben ) and a temple scarf worn around the waist are mandatory temple attire. There is no need to buy a new sarong, the one you take to the beach will do.