- 1 How much depth do you need for inside mount blinds?
- 2 Can you install inside mount blinds on vinyl windows?
- 3 How do you hang vinyl blinds without brackets?
- 4 How do you attach blinds to a metal window frame?
- 5 Is it better to mount blinds inside or outside?
- 6 Can you drill into metal window frame?
- 7 Where do you put inside mount blinds?
- 8 Where do you mount shades?
- 9 Can you inside mount blinds on double hung windows?
- 10 How do they measure blinds for inside mount Home Depot?
How much depth do you need for inside mount blinds?
3⁄4″ is the minimum depth required for inside mount blinds.
Can you install inside mount blinds on vinyl windows?
Deciding if You Can Inside Mount Blinds on Your Vinyl Windows. Instead, you should attach the brackets to the top and sides of the inside opening; make sure the bottom of the blinds won’t bang into the vinyl finger-hold at the bottom of the window when fully extended.
How do you hang vinyl blinds without brackets?
Place the head rail over the top window trim and center it over the window. Place a bubble level on top of the head rail and position the blind so it remains level on the top window trim. Mark the holes you drilled onto the head rail by placing a screw into each hole then pressing the screws into the wood.
How do you attach blinds to a metal window frame?
Place the brackets over the ends of the blind and then hold the blind inside the window frame in the location where you want to install it. Make sure the blinds will not bump or rub against the window. Use a grease pencil to mark the edges of the brackets. Set the blind aside.
Is it better to mount blinds inside or outside?
If you’re installing blackout window treatments to block unwanted light, then you should use outside mount blinds. Mounting blinds outside the window frame will give you more light coverage than blinds that hang from the inside.
Can you drill into metal window frame?
Drilling Through Metal Window Frame. This task may sound a little difficult as metal is extremely sturdy to drill, but with the right kind of drill bit and some additional tools, you can drill the needed holes and fix the brackets to the frame.
Where do you put inside mount blinds?
Inside Mount Installation:
- Measure in from each top corner of the window frame.
- Position the brackets above your markings, and drill pilot holes where the screws should go.
- Screw the brackets into place.
- Install the shade by hooking the headrail into the front of the brackets.
Where do you mount shades?
Inside mount blinds and shades are installed with the brackets attached to the inside of the window frame, and depending on the bracket, they can be placed almost anywhere on the top, or the corner of the inside window frame.
Can you inside mount blinds on double hung windows?
Double hung windows are similar in appearance but both sashes may move up or down within the window frame. Most blinds and shades will work well covering this style of window.
How do they measure blinds for inside mount Home Depot?
Inside mount: Measure height at left, middle, and right of window. Write down the longest measurement (round down to an even 1/8″). For verticals, record the shortest measurement. Outside mount: Measure the exact height of the window from top edge of molding to bottom edge or to top of sill if there is one.