- 1 What do I need to know before I go to Bali?
- 2 What should I avoid in Bali?
- 3 Is Bali dangerous for tourists?
- 4 What are the do’s and don’ts in Bali?
- 5 What is illegal in Bali?
- 6 Is Bali cheap or expensive?
- 7 Are mosquitoes bad in Bali?
- 8 Why is Bali so cheap?
- 9 Can unmarried couples go to Bali?
- 10 Do they speak English in Bali?
- 11 What food is Bali famous for?
- 12 Is it safe to walk around Bali at night?
- 13 What is considered rude in Bali?
- 14 Can you hold hands in Bali?
- 15 Is it OK to wear shorts in Bali?
What do I need to know before I go to Bali?
Important things to know for first timer’s in Bali:
- Visa. As of 2016 nationals of 169 countries can visit Indonesia visa-free for 30 days, while Visa on Arrival applies for others at USD 35.
- Weather. Peak season: August and December 20 to January 9.
- Go -Jek.
What should I avoid in Bali?
7 Things Not To Do In Bali
- Don’t haggle for 30 minutes at the markets with no intention of buying. Firstly, you will be exhausted.
- Don’t spend all your time in Kuta.
- Don’t not see Kuta.
- Don’t look up when you are walking.
- Don’t leave your drinks unattended.
- Don’t just eat Western food.
- Don’t go for less than one week.
Is Bali dangerous for tourists?
Is Bali Dangerous? Although Bali is safe enough to visit for a short trip, earthquakes and tsunamis are a major concern. In 2018, Indonesia as a whole suffered from 2,000 natural disasters, claiming nearly 4,000 lives, displacing 3 million people, and leaving much of the country in a state of devastation.
What are the do’s and don’ts in Bali?
DON ‘ T: Touch People’s Heads Touching people’s heads is a big no-no and one practice you should always remember in Bali. The Balinese believe that the head is the most sacred part of the body. As such, an action like ruffling a child’s hair – even if in a playful manner – is considered highly impolite.
What is illegal in Bali?
Bali’s drug laws are very strict and should not be trifled with. Indonesian Law No. 35/2009 lays down harsh penalties for drug users caught with Group 1 drugs like marijuana, heroin, and cocaine. You can get life imprisonment for possession or the death penalty if you’ve been convicted of trafficking in drugs.
Is Bali cheap or expensive?
Bali is already the most expensive tourist destination in Indonesia and is slowly becoming more expensive as tourists discover more of Bali, but cheap food and accommodation are still widely available if you donâ€™t mind basic accommodations, stick to your budget, and bargain respectfully for prices.
Are mosquitoes bad in Bali?
Bali mosquitos are usually worse in the rainy season (October to March) but you do need to be vigilant all year round. Mosquitoes in Bali are evident in varying degrees at all times. Nowhere is 100% safe at all times. Be sure to get your travel insurance, just in case.
Why is Bali so cheap?
Bali is extremely cheap because daily expenses are way lower than in other countries. Meals, hotels rooms, shopping, transport fees, and every other expense are all much cheaper. After calculations, it costs around $80 dollars per day to live a great life in Bali.
Can unmarried couples go to Bali?
Unmarried tourists planning a fun Bali vacation will now have to be very cautious. The couple won’t get a room unless they manage to produce a legal marriage certificate as a proof.
Do they speak English in Bali?
English on Bali English is the common “third” language and the most popular foreign language by far (after Indonesian and Balinese ). Due to tourism requirements, a lot of Balinese speak a level of English that allows them to communicate with tourists on a fundamental level.
What food is Bali famous for?
10 Best Balinese Food
- Sate (satay) varieties.
- Nasi ayam and nasi campur.
- Bebek and ayam betutu.
- Babi guling.
- Tahu and tempeh.
- Jimbaran seafood.
- Pepes and tum.
- Traditional cakes and desserts.
Is it safe to walk around Bali at night?
Yes, you can walk around in Bali alone at night and in most cases, nothing will happen to you. Indonesia is relatively safe and there aren’t a lot of violent crimes but petty theft is common. Although it’s not as much as in other countries. Females should be aware of the increase in bag snatching and guys running off.
What is considered rude in Bali?
Don’t hand a Balinese person something with your left hand, it is considered rude. Don’t leave your plate completely empty when eating a meal at someone’s house. A little food is always left over as an offering for the gods and to let your host know you had enough to eat.
Can you hold hands in Bali?
Romantic gestures or emotions are never displayed in public, except lovers holding hands is something the Balinese do openly. Lovers don’t kiss in public either, and visitors should also respect that for the Balinese, those intimate gestures are. The middle part of the body is considered “natural”.
Is it OK to wear shorts in Bali?
What do Tourists Wear in Bali? Short shorts are fine on the beach but trousers or skirts that fall below the knee are ideal when traveling to small towns or non-touristy destinations.