- 1 What is illegal in Bali?
- 2 What drugs are banned in Indonesia?
- 3 What should I avoid in Bali?
- 4 What is considered rude in Bali?
- 5 Can unmarried couples go to Bali?
- 6 What happens if you get caught with drugs in Bali?
- 7 Can you smoke in Bali?
- 8 What should I avoid in Indonesia?
- 9 What are the do’s and don’ts in Bali?
- 10 What is Bali belly caused from?
- 11 Do you need cash in Bali?
- 12 Can you hold hands in Bali?
- 13 What is the cheapest month to go to Bali?
- 14 Which God is Worshipped in Bali?
What is illegal in Bali?
Bali’s drug laws are very strict and should not be trifled with. Indonesian Law No. 35/2009 lays down harsh penalties for drug users caught with Group 1 drugs like marijuana, heroin, and cocaine. You can get life imprisonment for possession or the death penalty if you’ve been convicted of trafficking in drugs.
What drugs are banned in Indonesia?
22 / 1997, the type of narcotics such as the following are prohibited to enter Indonesian territory:
- Opium (Papaver Somniferum) Including it’s Plant, Ripe opium, ripe opium such as Opium Jicing and Jicingko.
- Erythroxylon Cocca, Erythroxylon Cocca Including: it’s plant, Cocca leaves and unripe cocca.
What should I avoid in Bali?
To reduce your risks, we recommend not eating these foods in Bali:
- Food from street vendors – eat at hotels and reputable restaurants.
- Leafy green vegetables and salads – they could be contaminated after being washed with tap water.
- Rare or undercooked meats.
- Chicken particularly if it’s not fully cooked.
What is considered rude in Bali?
Don’t hand a Balinese person something with your left hand, it is considered rude. Don’t leave your plate completely empty when eating a meal at someone’s house. A little food is always left over as an offering for the gods and to let your host know you had enough to eat.
Can unmarried couples go to Bali?
Unmarried tourists planning a fun Bali vacation will now have to be very cautious. The couple won’t get a room unless they manage to produce a legal marriage certificate as a proof.
What happens if you get caught with drugs in Bali?
Capital punishment is a legal penalty in Indonesia. Although the death penalty is enforced only sometimes in grave cases of premeditated murder, it is regularly applied to some drug traffickers.
Can you smoke in Bali?
What are drinking, smoking and drug laws in Bali? Smoking laws: Smoking or selling cigarettes and tobacco in public places like tourist attractions, hospitals, temples, and public transport is strictly prohibited.
What should I avoid in Indonesia?
11 Things You Should Never, Ever Do in Indonesia
- Never joke about race, religion, and ethnicity.
- Never underestimate how spicy a meal can be.
- Do not drink alcohol or play card games in public places.
- Do not drink tap water.
- Don’t do drugs.
- Don’t forget to say thank you.
- Don’t disrupt the wildlife.
- Don’t ignore local customs.
What are the do’s and don’ts in Bali?
DON ‘ T: Touch People’s Heads Touching people’s heads is a big no-no and one practice you should always remember in Bali. The Balinese believe that the head is the most sacred part of the body. As such, an action like ruffling a child’s hair – even if in a playful manner – is considered highly impolite.
What is Bali belly caused from?
Bali Belly can be caused by bacteria found in local foods or drinking water, although it is most commonly caused by an increase in exotic foods, too much food and an increase in alcohol consumption.
Do you need cash in Bali?
Cash is still an important form of payment in Bali. So make sure you carry enough with you to pay for your small shopping, transportation and food & drinks. Most small shops and street sellers will struggle to make change, so 50,000 and 20,000 Rp notes will be the way to go.
Can you hold hands in Bali?
Romantic gestures or emotions are never displayed in public, except lovers holding hands is something the Balinese do openly. Lovers don’t kiss in public either, and visitors should also respect that for the Balinese, those intimate gestures are. The middle part of the body is considered “natural”.
What is the cheapest month to go to Bali?
February is the cheapest month to fly to Bali, has cheaper accommodation and is quieter as a result of the rainy season.
Which God is Worshipped in Bali?
That is why it is often called the Shiva-Buddhist, Hindu-Dharma, Tirtha religions and also the Holy Water Religion. However, unlike polytheistic Indian Hinduism, in the belief of Balinese Hinduism, they only worship one God, called Sang Hyang Widhi, Acintya or Sang Hyang Tunggal.